WE LOVE ACTIVITIES!
Welcome to NAAP, the National Association of Activity Professionals. NAAP only represents Activity Professionals working in primarily geriatric settings. We are activity professionals providing opportunities for professional development and personal growth for activity professionals.
NAAP members enjoy amazing real life and applicable educational and networking. Here are some of the many benefits they enjoy:
NAAP MEMBERS ENJOY Education FOR Activity Professionals BY Activity Professionals
- Updates of the most current regulatory and government issues
- Timely articles about issues facing the Activity Professional
- Annual National Conference
Networking with state and regional affiliates
- Nationally recognized
- NCCAP – is the exclusive national, non-profit certification body recognized by the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services for quality of life, activities and engagement certification.
- NCTRC – National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification is a non-profit, international organization dedicated to professional excellence
- Study Guides
- Live monthly education opportunities with Webinars
- On demand eLearning of relevant educational videos
- Learn your schedule and receive CEUs certificates upon completion.
- Here’s a few recent workshops members enjoyed:
- Foundations for the Activity Professional
- Certified Dementia Communication Specialist Registration
- NCCDP Certification Workshop
- NAAP Leadership Development Course
- Unleash your Inner Artist Workshop
- NAAP Scholarships
- NAAP Help Line
- We answer member pressing questions in short order.
- Regulation Updates
- Healthcare Resources for Seniors
- PES Activity Placements
I joined NAAP 5 years ago and I wish I would have joined earlier in my career! What a fantastic group of professionals who are super welcoming, helpful and aways there for you. I feel confident anytime I have a question I send out in an email I will get a response by the end of the day from one of the board members.
I joined NAAP to give me a chance to grow. I knew this field requires encouragement and this is where I could get it. Thank you NAAP!
I belong to NAAP for so many reasons but the one that stands out to me is community. I feel so supported and loved by them. They are my Activity family! I have been attending the many conferences over the years and enjoy them so much. NAAP continues to encourage myself and others to learn and grow. Thank you so much to everyone at NAAP!
NAAP provides the UNITY for the COMMUNITY of therapeutic recreation directors to gather and explore creative ways to empower its members to foster “meaningful moments for their clientele”. Through educational conferences, webinars, weekly email blasts to the NAAP website, all learning opportunities (CEUs) to tricks and tips for program ideas. I am proud to be a NAAP member and surround myself with professionals in the field of therapeutic recreation.
I would recommend NAAP for so many reasons but the most important part is the support and education. The NAAP team are personal, they will call and email -reaching out to you to offer support if needed! The staff are always professional and sweet! The education, resources and support that is offered is priceless for any activity professional. I have been a member for 3 years going on 4 and I have always enjoyed the webinars etc. I will continue being a member because it is the best support for the activity professionals! I have been an Activity professional for 12 years and my profession has increased with the education provided that has influenced me to want to do more with my ADC. – Nikki Burt
NAAP BLOG UPDATES
Sing Along With Seniors
Activity Professionals are the heart and soul of any senior living community, contributing directly to […]
To Exercise or Not to Exercise
It seems that many of our residents are taken to their rooms after lunch so […]
Wooing people Outside
As we know, getting outside is so healthy for all of us and now is […]
Artfully Aging, LLC
Artfully Aging is a watercolor art program designed for seniors in all settings. It is […]
Inspired Senior Care
The Inspired Senior Care program was created to provide teams responsible for delivering support services […]