Care planning is an essential part of the activity professionals’ world. Even if you don’t write care plans in your setting, you are still using the care planning process. Many professionals often feel they aren’t sure the wording to use in care plans, uncertain as to how specific they should be in their writing. Poorly designed care plans can result in residents’ needs not being met, and even noncompliance in some settings, leading to deficiencies and citations.
This online virtual live course helps you, as an activity professional feel empowered in your care planning work. It gives you tools to boost your assessments, conquer your care planning gremlins! You’ll practice care planning with the instructor, your peers, and using inspiration from experts in the field. So come join us and boost your care planning confidence!
What will I learn?
- Apply regulatory requirements for care planning to support compliance for your care plans.
- Practice empowering communication skills to get the most from your initial assessments.
- Create powerful, person-centered care plans to promote the highest level of resident care.
- Apply best practices to monitor the effectiveness of the care plan.
- Tap into your knowledge to establish yourself as an essential interdisciplinary team member.
- How Will I Participate?
This online virtual course is 21+ hours spread over a 5-week period with an orientation. There are three live sessions plus an orientation. Between live sessions, you will complete practice work with your peers in the course.
- Meeting 1: Orientation – September 20, 2022 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
- Meeting 2: Amp Up Your Assessments – September 27, 2022; 6:30 – 8:00 PM EST
- Meeting 3: Conquering the Care Plan – October 11, 2022; 6:30 – 8:00 PM EST
- Meeting 4: Powerful Progress Notes – October 25, 2022; 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
What are the requirements for Completion?
- Attend all live online sessions and participate
- Meet virtually with your assigned peer student/coach between live sessions
- Complete all course assignments, including video lectures, quizzes, and practical application work
Space is limited, Register today to ensure your spot!
The Registration Deadline has passed and we are no longer taking attendee registrations. Thank you.