Certified Dementia Communication Specialist Registration
Introspective and Interactive Learning Platform that integrates the concepts of empathy with the rules of improv to provide effective communication tools for all types of caregivers, regardless of age, education or background.
This one-of-a-kind communication specific training is offered with a blend of 8 hours of individual self-exploratory/pre-work and 8 hours of virtual face-to-face class time with the original content creator and education officer.
Exemplary care comes from enhanced communication and enhanced communication builds relationships. Relationship-Centered Care is imperative to a successful caregiving approach.
Pre- Coursework is flexible to student/ organizational needs and, upon completion of full class time with instructor, provides 16 CEU’s for all Activity Professionals and Allied Health Professionals as well as proof of certification as an official CDCS/ RCCS
If you have questions, feel free to contact Cathy Braxton, BA, RBT, CDCS, RCCT at : 219-226-6607 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is a TWO day course and will run:
- Day 1 is on Thursday, October 21, 2021 and
- Day 2 is on Thursday, October 28 2021
- Course Times: 1:00 PM to 5:30PM EST Please note: EASTERN STANDARD TIME
- Upon successful completion participants will earn 16 CEU credits.
Registration deadline: October 15, 2021 – 20 person capacity
Credit cards only accepted for payment.
Once payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email which will contain the following: (please save this information!)
- The Manual that needs to be read ahead of time – Pre-course Work
- “Perception Challenges” – Pre-course Work
- “My Soul Purpose” Worksheet – Pre-course Work
- The link for the Training.