Open Enrollment is June 1-30, 2023.
NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship
The NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship was developed to create interest and awareness in the field of Therapeutic Activity services with people of color and other minorities by providing financial support for education in; activity services, therapeutic recreation, geriatrics and other healthcare related fields. The educational support is intended to support direct work as an Activity Director or Associate as described by the NAAP Standards of Practice.
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must be members of one of the following racial/ethnic groups: Blacks/African American / Latinos as (e.g. Mexicans Americans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans) / America Indians or Alaskan Natives / Asians (e.g., Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian, South Asian) / Pacific Islanders (e.g. Hawaiian, Guamanian, Samoan, Filipino).
- Applicant must fill out form and provide accompanying documents.
How does this Scholarship Work?
- Open enrollment will be twice per year:
- Opening January 1 and closed January 31. (Dispersed on or before March 1 of the given year)
- Opening June 1 and closes June 30. (Dispersed on or before August 1 of the given year)
- The Cultural Competency Council shall review and select awardee within 30 days of enrollment closing and will submit for NAAP Board Approval.
- Scholarships range from $100.00 to $1,000.00 and may be distributed as a one-time request or up to quarterly (ex: $250.00 per quarter) if coinciding with a school year or course schedule. Recipients may only receive a maximum of $1,000.00 dollars in one 12-month period.
Please consider donating to the NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship Fund today:
If you would like to donate by Check, please send to:
3604 Wildon Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703
NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship Application
"*" indicates required fields