Creative, Customer-Focused, Fun, Socially Perceptive, Organized, Self-Starting Leader needed to enrich the lives of seniors at Neighborhood Health Association’s 2 senior center locations; Mayores Senior Center and J. Frank Troy Senior Center in Toledo, Ohio.
The Manager of Senior Services will administer, coordinate and oversee the various components of the organization’s senior services programs and ensure the effective operation and management of its two senior centers managed by NHA and sponsored by The Area Office on Aging.
In exchange for your superstar skills and abilities, you will be rewarded with:
• Fantastic Monday – Friday work schedule
• Paid Holidays (10 per year)
• Paid Time Off
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Company Paid Life Insurance, and
• A paycheck to have fun and games (literally)
• Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, social services, recreation or closely related field. Comparable education and experience will be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience serving the public, with emphasis on the senior population
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
If you are looking to make a positive difference in the lives of those NHA serves, please submit your resume along with salary expectations to: email@example.com, or fax resumes to: Human Resources @ 419-720-7881.
Mayores and Troy Senior Centers
313 Jefferson Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43604
United States Map It
Assumes the primary responsibility for planning and implementation of a comprehensive, creative and innovative activity program designed to encourage optimal level of function for residents.
Education & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience with leadership.
• Completion of the Basic Activity Course required.
• Must be a qualified activity professional based on state and/or federal guidelines
• Must be able to deal tactfully with Residents, Family Members, Staff Members and the general public.
• Must have knowledge of and be willing to work with the aged and chronically ill who are mentally, cognitively, and/or physically impaired.Duties:
• Plans, organizes and implements therapeutic group and individualized activities for the specialized units.
• Writes a printed calendar of activities for the assigned unit.
• Transports residents to and from activities and outings.
• Maintains bulletin boards and holiday decorations.
• Monitors, cleans, maintains and purchases activities equipment.
• Attends weekly staff meetings to review and organize areas of responsibility and to review residents’ condition.
• Plans, supervises and coordinates the orientation of visiting students during their affiliations. (i.e. OT & recreational)
• Attends plan of care meetings and observes, records and reports on residents condition.
• Completes in a timely manner all paperwork, documentation and assessments related to the plan of care and MDS 2.
• Prepares physical arrangement schedule for activities, including set up and food requests.
• Responsible for staffing some evening, weekend and holiday activities.
• Participates in continuing education programs, professional workshops and mandatory in-services.
• Consults with the Director in the budget process.
• Regularly greet residents by name in a friendly manner.
• Share successful interventions with other team members.
Wexner Heritage Village
1151 College Ave
Columbus, Ohio 43209
United States Map It
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Memory Support Director to join our team in our memory support neighborhood. Must be a vibrant and dynamic personality with A LOT of energy and a sincere passion for working with seniors and provide peace of mind through quality care to seniors and their loved ones.
The Memory Support Director is responsible for all activities taking place in the memory support neighborhood of the community, including managing care of all residents, managing the activities of the staff in the memory support neighborhood, communication with medical professionals and families about the needs of residents and maintaining regulatory compliance.
• Manages the care of all residents and arranges the activities of the staff in the memory support neighborhood
• Communicates with medical professionals and families about the needs of residents
• Maintains compliance with all regulatory standards
• Communicates with administrative team on all appropriate matters
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in Education, Social Service, Business, or a field related to the position.
• Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors
• Must have proven management experience and ability to manage staff
• Minimum three years’ experience in Assisted Living preferred
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to schedule your personal interview for this fantastic opportunity!
Brentwood at Fore Ranch
4511 SW 48th Ave
Ocala, Florida 34474
United States Map It
The Director of Social and Activity Programs will be responsible for improving and developing Activity programming for various long-term care communities to include memory care, mental wellness, traditional care, ID and DD, short-term rehab, and ventilator care by providing consulting services to Social Service and Activity Directors. You will assist with developing, implementing, maintaining, and periodically updating written procedural guidelines relating to Social Services and Activities. Travel throughout the southern half of Georgia is required, as you will conduct center visits to evaluate programs and effectiveness of services provided.
Degree required, preferably in recreational therapy, music therapy, or social services with long-term care experience in the field of Activities.
Must live in Central or South Georgia and have the ability to travel through region.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective inter-departmental communication to provide positive working relationships.
EEO / M/ F/ D/ V— Drug Free Workplace
1005 Boulder Drive
Gray, GA 31032
United States Map It
The Life Enrichment Facilitator will provide one-on-one and small group activities for residents in the afternoon and evenings as an integral part of total resident care. Assists as required in organizing, planning, and directing recreational, social and spiritual activities for residents able to participate.
Sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Agnes, Agnesian HealthCare is a locally based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare system. More than 3,000 employees and physicians make up the backbone of Agnesian HealthCare. Agnesian HealthCare is comprised of Agnesian HealthCare Enterprises, Consultants Laboratory, Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, Ripon Medical Center, St. Agnes Hospital, St. Francis Home, Villa Loretto, Christian Home & Rehab and Waupun Memorial Hospital. The mission of Agnesian HealthCare provides compassionate care that brings Hope, Health & Wholeness to those we serve by honoring the sacredness and dignity of all persons at every stage of life. This mission guides everything we do as an organization. Working for Agnesian HealthCare, you will enjoy a rewarding career, a supportive staff of co-workers, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
1-3 years experience in leading recreational activities with an elderly population preferred. Position requires patience, flexibility and creativity.
Provident Village at Canton, a premier senior living community in Canton, GA, seeks a Life Enrichment Coordinator to plan a therapeutic recreation program for residents as part of a total resident care plan; provide supervision and protection of residents during activities; provide transportation for residents to attend activities outside the community; supervise activity assistants and volunteers; maintain current activity assessments, care plans, and applicable forms to meet current state and federal guidelines; and maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment to meet the needs of the program. Provident Village at Canton offers a great work environment, competitive pay, full benefits, and a balanced work schedule. EOE. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, or related field preferred.
• Certification as an Activities Coordinator or completion of approved courses.
• 2+ years’ experience in an assisted living or long-term care setting.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Excellent organization, time management, and customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge and understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the elderly and disabled populations, and the ability to plan and organize activities geared toward the needs of those populations.
• Demonstrated creativity, enthusiasm, patience, integrity, and a positive attitude toward elderly and disabled populations.
• Demonstrated leadership ability and willingness to cooperate and work with others.
• Must possess basic understanding of medical terminology.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Fluency in other languages is helpful.
Provident Village at Canton
1100 Reinhardt College Parkway
Canton, Georgia 30114
United States Map It
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate person that understands the importance of therapeutic activities with the elderly in a long term care setting. If interested, please call 410-803-1400 ext. 1414 and mention the NAAP site posting.
Lorien Bel Air
1909 Emmorton Road
Bel Air, Maryland 21015
United States Map It
A new Adult Medical Day Care Facility located in Bogota, NJ is seeking a full time Activities Director who is eligible for or certified by the New Jersey State Board of recreation examiners as a recreation administrator or CTRS. Responsibilities include initial and quarterly assessments, daily documentation, planning, running and overseeing all activities throughout the day as well as serving as part of the interdisciplinary team of health care professionals to create and maintain care plans. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be enthusiastic, self-motivated, well organized, and able to monitor and develop a multi-level functioning program. Korean speaking preferred but not necessary. New graduates welcome to apply! Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golden Adult Day Care
53-57 West Fort Lee Road
Bogota, New Jersey 07603
United States Map It
Director Area Life Enrichment Support with Trilogy Health
Job Title: Director Area Life Enrichment Support
Job description: Trilogy Health Services, an innovative, dynamic Long-Term Care, Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living company based out of Louisville, KY, has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Director Area Life Enrichment Support professional to join our organization.
Here are a few of the daily responsibilities of a Director Area Life Enrichment Support:
Directs and ensures that the Life Enrichment and Legacy Trilogy Service Standards are implemented for assigned area(s).
Leads and assesses the quality and quantity of campus life enrichment programs (activities/memory care) to assure resident needs are met.
Provides advice and assists with planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the life enrichment staff to assure exemplary processes in customer service, resident engagement and life enrichment.
Reviews and directs Customer Satisfaction Survey results and ensures Health Campuses seek improvement(s) and action plans.
Participates in Peer Reviews or State/Federal Surveys as needed to provide support and assistance.
Supports and directs area campus leaders in developing volunteer recruitment plans.
Provides training and orientation of campus Life Enrichment staff as needed.
Provides training on the implementation and utilization of LifeShare Technologies
Conducts training of Kaleidoscope program, dementia state required trainings, and other trainings as needed.
Participates in CQI/QA program as requested to provide interdisciplinary feedback as needed.
Keeps current through use of internet and other research venues with CMS guidelines and/or changes regarding recreational programming in health care.
Directs the support and monitors the use of Purchase Order Log for tracking and monitoring controllable expenses.
Reviews and approves monthly financial statements with strong detail of noting and communicating budget variances.
Reviews and directs area Division cost controls and communicates expectations for providing exemplary service within approved budgetary parameters.
Supports the leadership team in each Health Campus by providing knowledge, advice and/or counsel to Executive Directors, Directors of Health Services or Health Campus staff members regarding life enrichment programming (activities/memory care)
Bachelor’s degree in medical, psychological, social, activities/memory care or mental health counseling with emphasis on gerontology or related field from a four-year college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five (5) to seven (7) years’ life enrichment (activities/memory care) experience. Healthcare, senior living industry or long-term care environment preferred.
Multi-facility experience preferred.
Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Facility: Trilogy Health Services
Contact person:Lea Summers
Address303 N. Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
United States Map It
National Activities Specialist Job Opening with Milestone Retirement Community
National Activities Program Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE UP TO 80% TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE U.S.
We are seeking an experienced and compassionate National Activities Program Specialist. Seeking someone with an understanding of Dementia and/or experience planning or overseeing activity for those with cognitive decline as well.
A vibrant personality is a must! Combined with a desire to make a positive impact in the lives of elders with cognitive decline. An avid advocate for the residents you serve; along with the desire & ability to bring peace of mind to their families.
Responsibilities: National Activities Program Specialist
The National Activities Program Specialist will provide support & leadership to the Lifestyle & Leisure Directors at the Assisted Living communities within our portfolio in accordance of the strategic vision for Community Lifestyle.
Continuously collaborate with National Director, to advance the strategic vision while maintaining high standards of holistic innovation through programming & events.
Provide leadership to the Memory Support Directors, caregivers & activity staff while supporting & championing the In the Moment philosophy.
Stay current with all company Dementia care training.
And seek on-going professional development through on-line resources, webinars or conference-style learning for Dementia, wellness, and other senior related subjects/topics.
The National Activities Program Specialist Be an ardent advocate for residents, families and care team members.
Maintain on-going communication & observational feedback with National Director for operational strategic planning.
Job Requirements: National Activities Program Specialist:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a combination of education and experience.
Activity Professional certifications strongly preferred. Certified Dementia Practitioners welcome!
Minimum of five years of successful activity program & special event planning for older adults.
Minimum of 1+ years of supporting multi-site locations preferred.
Experience creating high-end events for varied audiences
Computer proficient with advanced ability to communicate in writing
Understanding of Dementia & experience planning/leading/adapting programs for those with cognitive decline preferredApply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to schedule your personal interview for this fantastic opportunity!
201 NE Park Plaza Drive
Vancouver, WA 98684
United States Map It