Dear Activity Professionals,
During this time of uncertainty, we want you to know that NAAP is here for you. As Activity Professionals we each work in a variety of settings from geriatrics to pediatrics with different levels of care. This can also be a time of confusion and chaos for the most vulnerable clients we serve.
As we continue to ensure an ongoing resident-centered activities program, we hope this resource page filled with suggestions and support will assist you in continuing to provide quality programming to the populations you serve.
We are Activity Strong!
The NAAP Board of Directors
Activity Professionals are ESSENTIAL personnel.
- Read the statement: Activity Professionals as Essential Personnel by NAAP and NCCAP.
NAAP Statement on Visitation.
Keep up to date with updates by going to these sites:
The Pandemic Playbook is a collection of insight, wisdom, and best practices for serving older adults during a catastrophic health crisis like the one we’re facing now. This interactive online tool at playbook.leadingage.org is filled with a curated set of lessons, links, videos, images, podcasts, and resources from across the field.
The Ultimate Road Trip – National Parks CLICK HERE
Free unlimited Palliative Music www.pallmusic.org
Remote Retirement Center Entertainment – Click here for more information on Virtual Video Shows
Coro Health – COVID-19 Special Offer
Maximizing Your Programming Time – www.WiserNow.com
5/26/20 Most Recent Guidance from CMS HERE
MemoryCo 30-Day Trial www.memoryco.org/freetrial/For activity directors who do not have access to a credit card, we are setting up accounts with 30-day trials manually. Activity directors without access to a credit card can email us and request access at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Themed In Room Resident Packets:
NAAP Live webinars are open for all through July 1, 2020 to assist with certification renewal during the COVID-19 Pandemic CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR WEBINARS
Here is our top 10 list of programming ideas and resources! (Okay, we have a few more than 10!!! 🙂
- For programming ideas, visit NCCAP.org.
- Here is a Sample Care Plan for COVID-19 Restrictions .
- Here is a Weekly Schedule SAMPLE for COVID-19 Restrictions
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America provides Coronovirus Prevention Tips for Family Caregivers.
- Eversound is opening archives with free interactive programming until April 30.
- Hearthside Book Club is offering 8 Free stories.
- MEternally is offering free 30 day trial of their reminiscence therapy videos online with a discount after 30 days. Email directly for more information: email@example.com
- Re-Creative Resources,Inc is offering 40 Free Activity Worksheets.
- Collins Learning is offering 25% off CE’s through Collins Learning.
- iN2L Free Activity Resources
- Activity Connection is offering resources for small groups, one-on-ones or individual engagement.
- Spiro100 is offering free wellness programming for 30 days, including exercises, brain fitness, dementia care engagement and more.
- SingFit is a digital therapeutic music program and will waive the set up cost and first month. Email directly for more information.
- Freedom Homeschooling offers free virtual field trips such as Anne Frank House, Buckingham Palace, Farm Tours and more.
- The Metropolitan Opera will stream Operas for Free.
- Tour the National Parks!
- Download free Coloring Books from 113 Museums.
- More Virtual Field Trips.
- Download books from the NY Public Library for free.
- Xtreme Bingo is offering complimentary access to check it out. Email Mike directly for more information.
- Chrome Music Lab is a learning resource that makes music fun: https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Experiments
- Coloring Nature has over 675 free printable coloring pages for children and adults.
- Joy Sun Bear promotes learning about the world’s diverse cultures through free stories, crafts, recipes, coloring and activity sheets, games and more! Free stories, crafts, recipes, color and activity sheets, games, videos, reading comprehension and creative activities.
- American Archive of Public Broadcasting: Discover historic programs of publicly funded radio and television across America. Watch and listen.
- Virtual tour of DCA’s Frank Lloyd Wright Hollyhock House, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Online educational resources for families, and an opportunity to explore items from their collection from the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- City of Las Vegas Coloring Book.
- 10 Hallway Games Beyond Bingo
- 5 Ways to Play Bingo While Social Distancing
- How to keep residents engaged during coronavirus restrictions
- Rainbow of Questions: Building Bridges of Connection – Activity Pathways
- Everything you Need to Celebrate Passover During Coronavirus
- Adaptable Easter egg Hung for Families during COVID-19
- Easter and Lent – Catholic Online
- Total Brain Health Free COVID-19 Resources
- National Poetry Month: 30 ways to celebrate
- Free Virtual Piano Performances www.demandonpiano.com
- Validation Training Institute – Tips for Caregivers of People Living with Dementia Part III
- Validation Training Institute – Tips for Caregivers of People Living with Dementia Part II
- Validation Training Institute – Tips for Caregivers of People Living with Dementia Part I
- Virtual Concert for Seniors
- Dementia Care at a Distance
- Warriors Canine Connection – Puppy Cam
- Our Daily Bread – Daily Devotionals
- Beloved Spiritual Devotionals
- Virtual tours of Europe
- The Good News Network
- Dear Abby Daily Column
- Activity Cart Idea – Sensory: Calm Down Bottle Intervention
- Senior Learning Network – Upcoming Programs
- 1:1 Resident US History In Room Packet
- 12 Innovative Physical Distancing Ideas
- Ways to Keep Staff Morale Up During Covid-19
- Summary of CMS Waived Regulations from the Consumer Voice
- Consumer Fact Sheet on COVID-19 from The Consumer Voice
- Consumer Voice Newsletter of Staying Engaged
- CMS COVID19 Toolkit for State Action
- AHCA/NCAL Press Release on the new independent commission for a collaborative approach
- Free Printable Puzzles from Corwin Graphics