JOB OPENING: San Antonio, Texas:
DIRECTOR OF LIFE ENRICHMENT – Assisted Living and Memory Care
Be a part of the team that is opening a beautiful new retirement community!
Franklin Park Alamo Heights in San Antonio is now accepting applications for Life Enrichment Director for assisted living and memory care. We are seeking a professionally trained and certified activities professional for this important role.
What you will love about this job:
- creating and launching a program from the ground up
- utilizing all your skills: the mix of planning, administrative duties and working directly with residents
- a beautiful working environment
- variety in your day, every day
- the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals including the fitness coordinator, director of dining services and memory care director
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Design a comprehensive program of recreational, intellectual, psycho-social and spiritual activities
• Create printed monthly calendars and newsletters
• Actively facilitate and model person-centered care, including the incorporation of activities of daily living into structured programming
• Collect and maintain resident personal history forms and activity participation records
• Organize special events and outings
• Identify and procure activity supplies and equipment
• Formal training in therapeutic recreation or activities
• Certification by an accrediting body such as the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation or the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals
• Minimum two years’ experience in a health care/elder care setting
• Clean driving record with Class B driver’s license, or ability to become licensed
• Flexible schedule and willingness to work hard to achieve excellence
Franklin Park Alamo Heights will be opening this summer at 230 W. Sunset Rd. It is owned and operated by The Franklin Companies based in San Antonio. To learn more about our company, go to www.franklinpark.org.
TO APPLY: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com