||Director of Community Life
||Now Hiring: Director of Community Life
Must Love Older Adults…and dreaming of ways to keep them engaged and happy!
A favorite fixture in Boulder since 1960, Frasier is an independent, non-profit (501(c)(3), mission driven, CARF accredited continuing care retirement community. We are growing and it isn’t just new (and greener) buildings! We are growing our programs and offerings both inside and outside our campus, implementing innovative methods to create community, and building on our culture of excellence.
The Frasier Community Life team provides all the “Life” and excitement focusing on making each day the best day it can be for our residents. The team provides unlimited supply of diverse activities, events, outings, and a broad array of opportunities to remain active physically, cognitively, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
YOU are bright, curious, relentlessly positive and understand that life is for doing and experiencing, and that doesn’t stop when you retire. During the day, you research leading edge practices and at night, you dream of new opportunities to engage our residents. You get to direct a cast of creative and talented staff that wants to forever enhance the opportunities our residents have to thrive and reinvent themselves. You seriously love what you do and have fun doing it.
Here’s what you’ll do:
• Oversee, implement and coordinate a resident-centered life enrichment program in Independent living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
• Lead a team of activity professionals providing programing in all areas of campus life.
• Develop diverse programming to meet the needs of all residents.
• Attend Resident Care/Interdisciplinary Team meetings, Care Conferences, and other resident care related meetings as appropriate or needed.
• Work with resident committees related to specific areas of programming.
• Encourage intellectual/educational development through literature, lectures, movies, cultural events, and other activities available in the community.
• Develop and expand community outreach programs with local organizations
• Oversee and coordinate a variety of monthly trips for the residents
• Oversee promotion of programs through the monthly calendar and highlights, flyers, and bulletin boards.
• Coordinate cross-campus events and collaborate with other departments
• Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and staff when appropriate.
• Encourage resident participation in activities and document outcomes.
• Develop and oversee department budget.
Here’s what you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy or a related field preferred or the equivalent combination training and experience.
• ADC (Activity Director Certification) through NCCAP (The National Association for Activity Professionals) preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in life enrichment or a related position with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity is required.
• Previous experience working and coordinating volunteers preferred.
• Excellent leadership skills and a desire to develop other leaders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and warmly with staff, residents, patients, and family members.
• STRONG working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with Ulti-Pro preferred, but the ability to rapidly learn the ins and outs of an HRIS works, too!
• To speak, understand, read & write English is required. Understanding & speaking Spanish is a bonus!
• Must successfully pass required pre-employment screenings and obtain required vaccine.
APPLY HERE! https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/FRA1011FMMI/JobBoard/214f8c9f-2bbe-4e60-88aa-b60c6c9caa5f/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=179228af-8a34-4dfc-a01d-43b9c44c90a6
We work with a vulnerable population, and to protect our residents, the COVID-19 vaccine, annual Influenza (Flu) vaccine, Drug Screen and Background Check are conditions of employment.
Compensation is based on years of experience and relevant education.
• Pay Range: $50,000 – $80,000 per year
Frasier offers a comprehensive benefits package to all employees working at least 32 hours per week. Frasier’s benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life insurance, employee assistance program, a 401K retirement plan and PTO.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY | DRUG FREE
Frasier uses E-verify.
||350 ponca pl
Boulder, CO 80303