Activity Professionals Week is January 18-23, 2015
The National Association of Activity Professionals is proud to announce our theme:
Activity Professionals: One of the Team – One in a Million
The most important part of this day is acknowledging your staff and yourself . As an Activity Professional for the last 30 years, I have done a variety of things for my staff.
- Send the director and/or assistants to the NAAP Conference for education (Daytona Beach 2015)
- Offer a NAAP Membership to your staff
- Educate your staff. Send them to an education session or conference
- Give Gift cards
- Take the team out to lunch or bring lunch in.
- Fresh flowers are always a hit!
- Splurge in style and take a Limo to Lunch
- Give an office supply that will inspire the staff to continually come up with innovative activities for the residents.
- Box of Candy is always welcomed.
- Do some sort of recognition in front of staff and residents
- Serve cake and punch
These are just a few ideas to get you started.
Always remember that the National Activity Professionals Week is the fourth week in January every year. Be sure to write this down and start planning. It’s not too late!