Reiki First Degree Certification for Activity Professionals
What is this Course About?
Reiki is a hands-on energy healing technique developed in Japan to encourage relaxation and stress relief to promote physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. During this course, you will learn how to offer Reiki services to older adults in long-term care communities. The course counts as 14 Continuing Education Credits toward NCCAP Certification.
Who Should Take This Course?
CNAs, Activity and Engagement professionals, volunteers, and any other person wishing to provide programming to residents promoting relaxation and increasing quality of life.
How Can I Participate?
This course is a blended version of traditional first-degree reiki certification training including a combination of live webinars, independent work, and practicum work.
To successfully complete the course, you will need to:
- Attend and actively participate in 2 live webinars
- Review required reading and video presentations
- Complete weekly application-based assignments
- Pass the final exam with a 70% or higher
What is the Course Schedule?
The course is divided into 2 modules over a four-week period. Each module contains a live webinar, independent work, and a practicum. Students have 2 weeks to complete practicum assignments.
|Module||Date||Live Webinar Topics||Homework|
|March 13, 2023||(2.5 hours)
Introduction to Reiki
The Reiki Principles
|Due by March 26, 2023
Read Chapter 1, 2, and 3
Create a Reiki Flyer
Module 1 Quiz
|March 27, 2023||(2.5 hours)
The Energetic Body
Receiving the Attunement
|Due by April 10, 2023
Read Chapter 4, 5, and 6
Perform 2 sessions on
Complete the final exam.
What is the Cost?
- $175.00 per NAAP Member
- $275.00 per NON NAAP Member
- The required textbook, Reiki I: A Manual by Janet Soldon and Kenneth J. Nelan, must be purchased separately by the student.
- The textbook can be purchased by clicking on the book image below:
The deadline for registration for this workshop has passed. Thank you for your interest.