NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship
The NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship was developed to create interest and awareness in the field of Therapeutic Activity services with people of color and other minorities by providing financial support for education in; activity services, therapeutic recreation, geriatrics and other healthcare related fields. The educational support is intended to support direct work as an Activity Director or Associate as described by the NAAP Standards of Practice.
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must be members of one of the following racial/ethnic groups: Blacks/African American / Latinos as (e.g. Mexicans Americans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans) / America Indians or Alaskan Natives / Asians (e.g., Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian, South Asian) / Pacific Islanders (e.g. Hawaiian, Guamanian, Samoan, Filipino).
- Applicant must fill out form and provide accompanying documents.
How does this Scholarship Work?
- Open enrollment will be twice per year:
- Opening January 1 and closed January 31. (Dispersed on or before March 1 of the given year) (The form will be posted prior to the next due date)
- Opening June 1 and closes June 30. (Dispersed on or before August 1 of the given year)
- The Cultural Competency Council shall review and select awardee within 30 days of enrollment closing and will submit for NAAP Board Approval.
- Scholarships range from $100.00 to $1,000.00 and may be distributed as a one-time request or up to quarterly (ex: $250.00 per quarter) if coinciding with a school year or course schedule. Recipients may only receive a maximum of $1,000.00 dollars in one 12-month period.
A Message from our President: As NAAP President, I am proud to support and promote the Diversity Advancement Scholarship. While many individuals in the United States face financial challenges to furthering their education, NAAP is committed to speaking out and taking action against systemic racism and the unjust barriers faced by People of Color seeking to enhance their professional development in the field of Activity Services. NAAP recognizes and honors differences and we are working diligently and compassionately to listen, learn and promote inclusion. – Amy Laughlin
Please consider donating to the NAAP Diversity Advancement Scholarship Fund today:
If you would like to donate by Check, please send to:
3604 Wildon Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703
NAAP – NCCAP Exam Reimbursement
NAAP provides a special reimbursement program for those taking the NCCAP National Exam towards certification. This assistance will assist in covering the entire cost of the exam fee and is available to NAAP members in good standing who have filled out the application form and submitted to proper required information.
Download and mail or email scanned documents:
#ActivitiesStrong Education Scholarship
NAAP is proud to sponsor this Scholarship with funds donated in cooperation with #ActivitiesStrong. Recognizing the need for education for Activity Professionals and with NAAP providing Live and OnDemand education, the Activity Professional Education Scholarship shall be awarded to any individual seeking that quality education and will shall cover the fee for an annual NAAP membership. Please fill out the application and include a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or colleague.
NAAP offers two Conference Scholarships:
- The Activity Professionals Scholarship shall be awarded to a NAAP member who is in good standing and who will be attending the Annual NAAP Conference. The scholarship shall cover the Early Bird Registration for the Annual Conference. There will be three (3) scholarships awarded in 2020. Please print off the form, fill out completely and mail to the NAAP Office by December 31, 2021. Download Here: 2022 Act Prof Scholarship Form
- The Michele Nolta Scholarship Fund: This scholarship is given to an Activity Professional who would like to attend the NAAP Annual Conference. This scholarship is given in memory of one of the Leaders of the Activity Profession, Michele Nolta. Michele’s love of the profession and the passion for the people who work in this profession was a priority for her. The Scholarship is given to the Activity Professional who exemplifies this spirit. Qualifications are: must be a member of NAAP and the scholarship will cover the Early Bird Registration cost for the Annual Conference as well as $200 travel expenses. Please print off the form, fill out completely and mail to the NAAP Office by December 31, 2021. Download Here: 2022 Michele Nolta Memorial Scholarship Form: 2022 Michele Nolta Memorial Scholarship Form