WE LOVE ACTIVITIES!
Welcome to NAAP, the National Association of Activity Professionals. NAAP only represents Activity Professionals working in primarily geriatric settings. We are activity professionals providing opportunities for professional development and personal growth for activity professionals.
NAAP members enjoy amazing real life and applicable educational and networking. Here are some of the many benefits they enjoy:
NAAP MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS Education FOR Activity Professionals BY Activity Professionals
- Updates of the most current regulatory and government issues
- Timely articles about issues facing the Activity Professional
- Annual National Conference
Networking with state and regional affiliates
- Nationally recognized
- NCCAP – is the only national, non-profit certification body recognized by the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services for quality of life, activities and engagement certification.
- NCTRC – National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification is a non-profit, international organization dedicated to professional excellence
- Study Guides
- Live monthly education opportunities with Webinars
- On demand eLearning of relevant educational videos
- Learn your schedule and receive CEUs certificates upon completion.
- Here’s a few recent workshops members enjoyed:
- Foundations for the Activity Professional
- Certified Dementia Communication Specialist Registration
- NCCDP Certification Workshop
- NAAP Leadership Development Course
- Unleash your Inner Artist Workshop
- NAAP Scholarships
- NAAP Help Line
- We answer member pressing questions in short order.
- Regulation Updates
- Healthcare Resources for Seniors
- PES Activity Placements
Being a part of NAAP has helped me grow into the Activity Professional that I am today. Going to conferences and meeting others doing what I do has been such a good encouragement.
Best thing ever
My career in activities was supercharged once I became part of NAAP… The people, the knowledge and the pride of being involved with other professionals really help me grow.
Being involved with NAAP has provided me with fresh ideas, open communication with other like-minded Activity Professionals and a great appreciation for my fellow peers who are serving in communities similar to mine.
A history in Activities…
I’m fortunate to be a second generation Activity Professional. It was part of my upbringing and the opportunity ti being to this professional organization of NAAP allowed me to grow and give back to help others.
I started with a heart for people, and that was great. But, NAAP helped me grow to meet the challenges my career demanded. I am so thankful to NAAP and the people I met through the organization and now have so many lifetime friends.
NAAP BLOG UPDATES
Sing Along With Seniors
Activity Professionals are the heart and soul of any senior living community, contributing directly to […]
To Exercise or Not to Exercise
It seems that many of our residents are taken to their rooms after lunch so […]
Wooing people Outside
As we know, getting outside is so healthy for all of us and now is […]
Artfully Aging, LLC
Artfully Aging is a watercolor art program designed for seniors in all settings. It is […]
Inspired Senior Care
The Inspired Senior Care program was created to provide teams responsible for delivering support services […]